Voting

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Testimony

Alright, I have to share this story because it is too good to pass up! Today in church it was fast and testimony meeting. Jack decided that he wanted to go up and bear his testimony. We told him that he could only go up if he would go all by himself. He said he'd do it! I asked him if he knew what he was going to say. We went over a few words and I asked him if he could remember all that. He said yes, jumped down and headed up to the stand by himself! Now Jack's just a little guy so he couldn't quite reach the microphone. A member of the Bishopric lifted him up and these were his simple, sweet words, "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I know that maybe that doesn't sound as cute to anyone else who reads this little blog, but hearing the testimony of your child (especially your 2 1/2 year old child) has to be one of the greatest, most fulfilling events ever. That is JOY!

9 comments:

erin said...

i bet that makes all the terrible two stuff melt away for a minute, yeah? that's awesome. i bet papa bear burns was beaming. jacskon--what a righteous little stud.

Teryn said...

Jen.. how sweet! We just learned in Sunday School about how in tuned our little children are with the spirit and were reminded that at age 10, Moroni was basically told that he would later become the keeper and inscriber of the plates. Wow.. 10. What a sweet little spirit Jack has and how neat it is that he is already developing a testimony :)

Bishop Fam said...

That is so cute Jen. I'm impressed he didn't get scared. It means you must be doing something right. We need to get together now that we are closer.

Mary said...

Jen! That's awesome! What a sweet boy! There is nothing more wonderful than the testimony of a child! So pure, so simple and so perfect!

Jamie said...

how sweet! I can't believe he went up all by himself!

Anonymous said...

That is so big and grown-up. I can't even believe it. How sweet.

Erin Webster said...

CUTE!

Angie Bauco said...

Hey, just discovered your blog...I love the design. You'll have to let me know where you got your paper and such. Cute testimony story, Jack wasn't talking much the last time I saw him, that means it's been a long time since we've seen him. Can't believe he went up there all by himself!

Becky said...

Oooohhh! What a big boy he is! Tell him "Great testimony" from the Bairds.